Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wig modifications

For the past couple of days I've been working to turn this wig;

 Into something that looks more like this.

 The problem arose when I forgot that I have an abnormally large head, thus the wig on my head looks much different compared to company photos. I didn't think this would be a problem with Arda because they tend to make wigs for people with larger heads. 

However, luck was on my side and Arda released wefts of hair to be used for wig making. Or, in my case, sewing them into the wig to give it added length.

This is what I have been doing for the past few days, sewing the wefts into my wig. And I'm not done quite yet, I need to add some length to the front of the wig so the bangs can be a bit longer too. I'm starting to run out of weft but I should have enough to finish the job. After this comes the cutting. Which makes me kind of sad because I'm going to cut off quite a bit of the legth I just put on the wig.

I am glad fo the learning experince, I've decided that instead of trying to make my own wig with wefts I'm going to buy wefts to modif the wigs instead, because the amount of wefts I would need to make a wig would cost just as much, if not more. However, I feel like this will all be worth it when I have the end result on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment